Estimated start date: Month 1 1.1.2021
Estimated end date: Month 36 31.12.2023
Lead organisation: The Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic (The Project Coordinator)
- Before the project activities starts
Prior to starting the project activities, in case this project proposal is approved, partner agreements between the project coordinator and the partners will be prepared and signed.
Content of the partner agreement:
- Key roles of each partner in the project
- Activities and responsibilities of each partner
- Deadlines to meet liabilities (outputs and outcomes)
- Specification of partners budget
- Rules for eligibility of expanses and supporting documents required by the coordinator
- Payment conditions
- Other agreed items
- Every agreements will be coordinated with EACEA https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/sites/eacea-site/files/ssa_2019_model_grant_agreement_special_conditions.pdf
- Project activity will be in accordance with Erasmus+ Guide 2019 https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/resources/documents/erasmus-programme-guide-2019_en
One place for sharing documents and work materials among project staff members will be established, the security of the data will be guaranteed. Each staff member will get a log in and a password to get into the shared platform. For this purpose, SharePoint (Microsoft technology) will be running on the server of the coordinator during the project lifetime. The coordinator will share all necessary documents with partners and train them in using the SharePoint.
The coordinator (CCC CZ) will develop a detailed plan for project management plan.
Partners will provide the coordinator with an updated list of their staff members with contact details.
To ensure success of the project, following activities will be carried out continuously during the entire project lifetime:
- Integration management (planning, operational management, leadership)
- Time management (described below)
- Project quality management (described below and also in the work package 5 “Evaluation, sharing of experience and good practices and quality management”)
- Changes management
- Human resources management
- Communication within the project management
- Project risks management
- Management of project meetings (described below)
- Reporting (described below).
The budget control will be ensured by the coordinator through applying the unit rate principle (with given unit rates per staff category and country). Rules for reimbursement of expenses will be defined in partner agreements that will be concluded between the coordinator and each partner.
Once the first payment instalment is received, the coordinator will provide his partners with a deposit in order to ensure that each partner has resources for the project implementation in accordance with the partners work expected / planed individual budget for each partner. The coordinator will ensure control of spending by partners on regular bases (quarterly).
Partners have agreed on paying travels, accommodation and per diems related to transnational project meetings, international workshops and transnational multiplier events from the budget of each organization that sends its staff members out, so it will not be covered by the hosting partner. In contrary, costs for renting of a meeting room (if necessary) and coffee breaks will be paid by the hosting partner.
Project cost management will be also ensured by the coordinator. In cooperation with partners, all major expected costs have been already identified by the coordinator during the project proposal development:
- Expected staff days have been calculated for each activity and output
- An individual budget for each partner has been developed, broken down into items and structured in main budget chapters (travels, events, other services, equipment, office).
- An estimated unit price and an expected number of units
As a result, each partner has had an idea about the expected project costs, the EU contribution and the total budget balance, including an estimated rate of own co-financing needed.
During the project implementation, the list of expected costs and unit prices will be continuously specified and updated by the project coordinator, in cooperation with work package (or task) leaders.
The financial management will also include an internal cash flow management and accounting supervision (at the internal level).
The schedule management will use the Gantt Chart, where all the project activities will be planned, including international project meetings and dissemination activities. Major activities will be broken down into subactivities, which will enable to monitor their inter-relations and deadlines more precisely. At the same time, the tool will be used in changes management.
The project schedule will be also broken down into individual partner schedules: the most important milestones and deadliness to meet by each partner will be specified in the partner agreement.
Project schedule and individual schedules will be regularly updated. The current version will be always accessible to all partners in the project SharePoint.
- Project quality management – monitoring and supervision The project progress, achievement of project objectives and quality of project results will be controlled, managed and assessed at several levels:
- At the stage of output concept development – by members of the project Board of Experts, sharing experiences, identifying good practices and exchanging views and ideas during brainstorming sessions (i.e. during call conferences or working groups joining transnational project meetings).
- On the operational level – by peer-reviewing of pre-final versions of each main project output by relevant project partners,
- On the level of project Advisory Boards – local project stakeholder groups.
- By the International Evaluation Committee coordinated by the leader of the work package 5
- WP leaders committee for strategic coordination of project activities
- On the level of the project executive management – the project director (of the lead coordinator) and project managers responsible for the project implementation in partner organizations. The Project Director and Project Managers will be members of the project Executive Board, in charge of controlling the quality of project output and approving the final outcomes, based on recommendations of the project Evaluation Committee. The Project Director and Project Managers will attend all planned transnational project meetings in order to ensure a smooth implementation of the project.
While the operational management and coordination of outputs development at the project level will be carried out by the project coordinator, the continuous control of result quality, according to principles described above, will be delegated to the leader of the work package 5 “Evaluation, sharing of experience and good practices and quality management”.
Project meetings and conference calls
Working groups will be established for each work package and/or task. The main part of communication among partners will take place via emails and Skype (for conference calls).
Once in 6-9 months, a transnational project meeting will be held in one of the consortium countries. The aim is to debate the project activities and outputs under preparation, share views, discuss different opinions and approaches and synchronize their implementation by different partner organizations and in different countries.
The following project meetings are foreseen:
- Kick-off meeting in Prague (CZ) – in month 2 of the project
- Transnational project meeting 2 – in Vienna (AT) – in month 6
- Transnational project meeting 3 – in Riga (LV) – in month 15
- Transnational project meeting 4 – in Presov (SK) – in month 22
- Transnational project meeting 5 – in Terrassa, Barcelona (ES) – in month 28 (during or in the aftermath of the international workshop II)
- Final transnational project meeting 6 – in Brussels – in month 36 (joining the final project conference).
Transnational project meetings will last 2 days and be attended by, at least, a project manager and a chief expert – a teacher/trainer/researcher from each partner organization.
Programs of the upcoming conference calls and transnational meetings, as well as materials to be discussed by partners will be prepared and distributed by the coordinator, in cooperation with the relevant work package leaders, prior to the date of the call or meeting. Minutes of the conference calls and meetings will be also prepared by the project coordinator, in cooperation with the relevant work package leaders, and distributed to all other partners.
Reporting to the EACEA
Progress reports and financial statements with requests of payment instalments will be prepared regularly, in compliance with the ERASMUS+ Programme Guide, by the coordinator.
Managers of other partners will cooperate with the coordinator´s Project Director and provide him with all the necessary information and supporting documents for elaboration of the progress reports and financial statements in due time.